Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!


Happy Chinese New Year 2013 - Year of the Snake! Gong Xi Fa Cai which translates to "wishing you prosperity."  Chinese New Year is celebrated following the Lunar calendar and it's the most important holiday in East asia. Traditions vary in different countries and cultures but for the most part its about spending time with family, eating lots of delicious foods, and of course collecting red envelopes.

Unfortunately I no longer receive red envelopes; following tradition, you only receive these coveted red envelopes from your elders until you're married. Now that I'm married, I have to start giving red envelopes out and let me tell you, it sure makes me feel old not to be on the receiving end any longer.

While I was prepping my red envelopes, I came across some really beautiful and super sweet Chinese New Years paper goods:








No comments:

Post a Comment